finding your main page

kidcreate / 2008-08-24 21:09:25   

I can see there are several posts about the main page.
It is proving confusing to me also.
When i visit my site the first page is the main page and i have
named it 'credits'.
It is in its own section called 'Home' which I have hidden.
My question is:
Is there a way to make the main page so that it can only be accessed when a visitor first comes onto the site.
So that it cannot be accessed again through a link in the menu?
Currently there is always a link visible 'credits'
I hope this is clear. Regards Daniel

Vaska A / 2008-08-25 07:11:02   

You need to think about it backwards...you have changed the original "main" page to your credits pages. Simply create a new credits page and cut and paste the content over. Then, use your main page for it's intended purpose..rename it back to main page or someting like that...

kidcreate / 2008-08-25 10:56:04   

Hi Vaska
Yes I will do this but it still leaves me with a link in the menu to the main page. Is there a way to remove/hide this ?

Vaska A / 2008-08-25 11:22:56   

Look in Additional Settings for your page...hide the page from Index...

kidcreate / 2008-08-25 12:48:12   

thanks! that worked.

Zach / 2009-07-03 18:20:19   

Does the same go for just changing my home page to another exhibit? For example, my home page is currently the 'Portraits' exhibit, but I would like it to be my exhibit called 'Death Valley'. Do I have to create a new section for portraits and move all of the images from the 'Death Valley' section into the former portraits section and rename it? If so, is there a way I can do it without re-uploading all of the Death Valley images into the portraits section, like can I copy and paste the content somehow?
Thanks...Zach.
zachcallahan.com

iwakami / 2009-07-03 20:54:33   

changing a page to main page always means you need to take the content to the REAL main page. the main page is fixed.

as i remember, you can do the trick with url redirections on your server panels... it will be possible to do that in future versions, but currently not.

giamitus / 2010-04-24 13:03:36   

Hi,

i have a problem ..
i hidden my Home page, and now, there is no way to make it visible again.
i mean it's nowhere in my back office..
any idea?

thank you

ilovejasonwalker / 2010-04-27 02:20:07   

i added a background image to my main page, and now the "edit" section of my main page no longer has a link to browse or delete the background image. i can't find it in the style sheets to manually remove it. please help...

www.jasonandbeccawalker.comjasonandbeccawalker.com

arsondpi / 2010-04-27 07:51:00   

that's because the file was really tall and the button got hidden... You could get it to show up with some fiddling although the effective way to do this is via phpMyAdmin.

ilovejasonwalker / 2010-04-29 01:16:33   

"fiddling" hasn't worked so far. where is "phpMyAdmin" that you mentioned? still learning all the coding lingo and locations. thanks for trying to help.

arsondpi / 2010-04-29 07:47:48   

...did you search the forum? Check this thread...
Some general guides...

ilovejasonwalker / 2010-05-03 02:16:47   

got it, somehow deleted all of my pics on indexhibit and had to reinstall 1 by 1, but i got it. thanks.

irisdefeijter / 2010-08-28 10:21:53   

Hello

I just made a new indexhibit site (www.irisdefeijter.com), but I think I did something wrong. I cannot find my 'main' page in 'ndxz-studio'. Can anyone help me?

Thank you, Iris.

arsondpi / 2010-08-28 10:54:58   

It's the exhibit that has no trashcan icon...

irisdefeijter / 2010-08-28 13:25:46   

What do you exactly mean by 'It's the exhibit that has no trashcan icon...'?

How can I find my mainpage back? I want to change something there.

jpiercy / 2011-03-07 20:46:47   

hi, i´m quite a rookie at this game, creating havoc at (www.piercydesign.com).

i´d like my main/home page to have a text logo ("PIERCY Architecture | Design") in the upper left above the index that will serve as the link back to this home page during navigation through the site. this page will also have a static image.

i currently have one "PIERCY Architecture | Design" as Pre-Nav text (which i don´t want) with no image, and another "Architecture | Design" as the Exhibition Name in my Main Section WITH an image.

how do i achieve this "home" link with an image logo rather than text as well as being able to show an image?

can you smell my confusion?
thanks.

Russ / 2011-03-08 08:26:39   

1. Include a path to the logo within the pre-nav text area.

2. Un-publish the lower link on your menu.

3. http://indexhibit.org/forum/thread/1436/

jpiercy / 2011-03-08 15:19:12   

Thank you, Russ.
I got the path to the logo within the pre-nav figured out but still don´t know how to insert and link a large background (non-scaling) image to that logo. The end result is that I´d like the large image to appear once you´ve clicked on the logo, ie: my home page. Currently the image is attached to my Main page and if I hide that page from the Index, the image logically is hidden as well.
PiercyDesign

Russ / 2011-03-09 08:05:25   

Have you searched for this one: full browser background plug-in?

jpiercy / 2011-03-10 10:19:25   

Russ, correct me if I´m wrong but the full browser background plugin is for an image that you want to re-scale every time you stretch your browser window, no?
i just want an image (400px, 600px, etc.) to appear every time you click on my logo, no scaling. I know this has to be simple.

Russ / 2011-03-11 12:54:03   

@jpiercy

An exhibit that is 'hidden from index' still works as a link. So if you want to go to an exhibit with only one image when you click your logo set up an exhibit and use over-and-over then change the link in your pre-nav to reflect that url. Is that what you are trying to do?

This thread has been closed, thank you.