Upgrade from 0.70d to current

adriencater / 2019-08-13 13:54:54   

Hello,

Trying to upgrade an old indexhibit site for a friend, presque-rien.net

• Current version 0.70d on PHP 5.3
• Hosting upgrading to 5.6 (at later to 7…) currently on a upgrade staging server
• Tried updating to 2.1.5, upgrade "succeeds", but all content is *gone*
• No error messages or warnings.
• Have tried a couple of times (deleting index.php, /ndxzsite/, /ndxzstudio/, starting over), no luck.

So

Tutorial page indexhibit.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade-to-version-two/ says "Upgrading to Indexhibit 2 from version 0.73 or older". Is the upgrade from v 0.70d the issue? Should I upgrade to 0.73 first?

The second time trying to upgrade, I realised there were some issued with the database config, as the host server, db name, and user name had changed with the hosting upgrade staging server, but I'm pretty sure we got it right the next time, and in any case there were no error message in the content migration step.

Staging server: rgyyadh.preview.infomaniak.website

Any ideas?

Vaska A / 2019-08-14 06:25:07   

If you are upgrading on another server - you also have to move the old site files and database. It would be easier just to upgrade on the original server...

1 - upgrade the server to PHP 7.1+
2 - upgrade
3 - resolve any issues

adriencater / 2019-08-14 09:11:56   

Thanks Vaska – the new server copied all of the files and DB from the old one, but I don't have any control over how they do the upgrade staging process.

Since you don't mention that there's a problem with the jump from 0.70d to 2.x, I'll double check the db and all of the files to see if everything is in place.

If you have any other ideas on why all of the content would be missing, or anything particular I could check to see what's happening, I'll check back here :)

Thanks ++

adriencater / 2019-08-14 09:11:59   

Thanks Vaska – the new server copied all of the files and DB from the old one, but I don't have any control over how they do the upgrade staging process.

Since you don't mention that there's a problem with the jump from 0.70d to 2.x, I'll double check the db and all of the files to see if everything is in place.

If you have any other ideas on why all of the content would be missing, or anything particular I could check to see what's happening, I'll check back here :)

Thanks ++

Mickael / 2020-01-10 01:10:01   

Hello,

I'm upgrading from 0.70d to 2.1.6 on a new server (my localhost) and I had the same issue. First I imported the content of my old indexhibit in my new database, but it was ignored when I followed the upgrade process. In PhpMyAdmin, I could see the empty new tables of the new Indexhibit besides the old ones with the content.

After many tries, I could make it work and perhaps it can help some other users.

At the beginning of the installation process, there's a form to set up your connection database. If you set it up manually, your previous content won't be imported. In that case, the script probably don't check if there are already some old tables in the database. It just creates a new install beside them.

The script needs to find the config.php of your previous installation to understand that there's something to import. Then, the form for the database setup will be automatically fill up with all the information from config.php (if your database information have changed, then you need to change them first in /ndxz-studio/config/config.php). And on the next screen, you'll be asked : "Do you want to import your previous content ?". Which is a cool thing to be asked for :)

Perhaps the tutorial page "Upgrading to Indexhibit 2 from version 0.73 or older" could be updated : you need to keep your folder "files" and it's also usefull to keep "ndxz-studio", at least to import the previous content.

Hope it helps.

Xav1 / 2020-03-16 17:32:59   

too bad I can't see this ; "Then, the form for the database setup will be automatically fill up with all the information from config.php" .. I got : "you are already installed" :( but it's not .. I just have blank page . I can install a new website.. no problem .. very easy .. but I can not upgrade my Indexhibit™ v2.0.1 version to the last one... the whole day on that problem but can't fix it :(

This thread has been closed, thank you.