Create full-browser background img

jooordi / 2010-02-02 20:33:46   

Thanks guys.

bendik / 2010-02-04 10:43:12   

That sounds great! Looking forward to it. Hopefully soon means soon cause i really need it.

simonnomis / 2010-02-10 10:30:52   

Hi guys, I went through the instruction by
arsondpi A and the plugin still doesn´t work how it should. I dont know where I still makeing the mistake. Could you someone tell me, please, where the mistake is?

My site is...

simonnomis / 2010-02-10 10:32:23   

sorry I cen see thet my link is wrong so : link

lemathieu A / 2010-02-10 10:54:25   

Since you have a "Error with pages query" at the place of the menu, you messed something in the index.php

arsondpi / 2010-02-10 12:05:11   

but it works.... that error is because simonnomis is hiding all his exhibits..

lemathieu A / 2010-02-10 13:04:51   

nice find pindaros !
;)

jringenberg / 2010-02-11 04:56:59   

I've gone through the whole process as best I can and read through all the posts, but my background image is still coming up on top of my menu and content (or rather, I assume it is because that's all I can see). I've noticed a couple other people mentioned that, but then they all figured it out on their own and didn't say what the problem is. So it's probably really obvious...
I would appreciate any help you can offer.
the site is www.jringenberg.com
Thank you!

jringenberg / 2010-02-11 05:48:29   

Nevermind that last post. I went through the whole thing step by step and it took care of the background image blocking everything else out.

At this point it gives me a full-window scalable background image only on the pages I assign a background image to in Exhibits:Edit

I was hoping this plug-in would let me pick one background image for the whole site without me having to load it separately onto each exhibit... if this is, in fact, what it's supposed to be then I'm definitely doing something wrong. Who can tell in these crazy times?

arsondpi / 2010-02-11 08:52:45   

view your source code and apply the code directly to your index.php using that single image...
If you're not fluent with code then I suggest getting a friend to help you out...

jringenberg / 2010-02-11 18:41:42   

Ah! It worked! I guess that makes sense.
Thanks!

tarn / 2010-02-12 01:14:50   

hey guys can someone tell what i'm doing wrong here..

I can't seem to get the background to adjust itself according to the user resolution.

here's my site i'm working on: site

arsondpi / 2010-02-12 09:16:11   

Follow the instructions - read the DO_ME_FIRST.html file...

Stas / 2010-02-12 10:05:54   

Firs of all i want to thank Vaska for the plugin and arsondpi for the great tutorial (it should be published in the 'Tutorials'!).

Please check the site i'm working on — HonkFu. Here's the problem. The bg image does not resize untill you change the window size somehow. I gues it happens because of the jquery ver i use - 1.4.1. Solution needed, Ppease hapl!

Stas / 2010-02-12 18:04:38   

Well… i will turn the bg off so far nobody can halp right now. Please lemme know if some one whants to see how it's behave. Thanx.

ABOUTQ / 2010-02-13 13:38:33   

For those who want to use Thickbox with jQuery 1.3 :

http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/7521/

verena / 2010-02-14 22:05:46   

Please help!!!

I installed the full background php and js and followed arsondpis tutorial. It didn't work for the first time, so I redid it again from the beginning. Now it looks like this:
Webpage crashed
Can anyone help please?? I just can't leave it like this. I have no idea, what went wrong.

For any helpful advices I would be very, very thankful.
V.

verena / 2010-02-14 22:35:33   

Ok, I can't leave it like that. I redo everything now. It looked like that:
crash screenshot

I guess no one can help me with that and I have to try again to get the full browser background...

There are three plugins circulating, one of Vaska from the download page, then one of arsondpi with a tutorial and then one of istott83 from this thread:
http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/6877/

They are all slightly different, which one should I use?

I also renamed it on my ftp server from
plugin.random_full_background.php
to
random_full_background.php

Was that the fault?

If anyone has an idea, I would be glad.
V.

onlypositive / 2010-03-01 16:48:27   

TY very much for full_background_plugin! It works very well!
But is it possible to find information like "READ_ME_FIRST.html" from arsondpi about random full background on main page?
I really can't find it. Sorry.

sebedze / 2010-03-02 09:52:03   

Hi, all works well a part that I have a vertical scrollbar on the right. Can somebody tell me why and how can I solve it (I don`t want vertical scroll bar as the site will display on horizontal.

Thanks a lot.

www.sebastiensouyri.info

arsondpi / 2010-03-02 13:42:12   

...get rid of the top margin in your #content.

verena / 2010-03-02 19:54:45   

Hi,
I have the same problem as sebedze and tried arsondpis advice. It doesn't change anything (except the content of my exhibits don't have a margin anymore then.) Did I understand this wrong?

Thanks for a helpful hint.
V.

Webpage

arsondpi / 2010-03-02 21:09:00   

...you mixed up the full background plugin and the random full background plugin and you're using both at the same time... I can't tell what is what.
You either have to think backwards with this or just delete the code you applied and then check the link from this post.
It's got a DO_ME_FIRST.html file that you need to read in order to get it right.

I980035 / 2010-03-02 21:12:32   

I seem to have a problem. I've followed the do_me_first file and the scaleable background works perfecty on my local machine. However, when uploaded to my live enviroment, the scaling doesn't work.
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?Webpage

I980035 / 2010-03-02 21:20:15   

pardon my spelling error in the above post

I980035 / 2010-03-02 22:18:25   

Fixed. Sorry.

DavidJerome / 2010-03-03 20:24:25   

Hi arsondpi, thanks for keeping a watchful eye over this thread.

I am still getting scroll bars and I have deleted the "top: 0;" from the #content in my style.css page. Was I correct in doing this?

Also the background image is not fitting the full screen when you scroll down to see the full image in my galleries. I am using the djuve plugin.

You can see it here.

The 2 problems are probably linked?

Any help would be much appreciated.

arsondpi / 2010-03-03 21:08:56   

<!-- Davey should be carefull with comment tags :-P -->

Delete this kind of commenting from the css file.. Check if this works... Cause #the-background div hasn't got any css attributes.

Use this sort of thing for css

1. /* css comment */
DavidJerome / 2010-03-04 00:38:38   

/* Thank you arsondpi! */

sebedze / 2010-03-04 04:12:07   

thanks a lot for your reply arsondpi, but I delete the top margin in content, and still have the vertical scrollbar on the right...

Is there something else to do ?

sebedze / 2010-03-04 06:20:29   

oh, now it works
sorry for polluating with my last post.

Thanks.

verena / 2010-03-04 14:29:31   

Hi there,
I started from scratch and installed arsondpis full background plugin - step by step. It works. (Thanks arsondpi!).

_I updated my jquery from this site (hope that was correct)
update jquery
_ I deleted 'top: 0;' from '#content' in my stylesheet

still I have a vertical scroll bar on the right. What can I do? I've been through the whole thread again...

I would be very happy if anyone could give a helpful advice!
Thanks in adance.
V.

Webpage

verena / 2010-03-04 14:54:11   

Me again...
that's strange: I copied some code via firebug from a site where the random background works without scrollbar and changed the #content

height: 100%;
margin: 160px 0 0 260px;
top: 0;

to:

height:100%;
margin-bottom:0;
margin-left:260px;
margin-right:0;
margin-top:0;

Now I'm liberated from the scroll bar, but the pictures on my exhibits also start directly on the top. I would like to start them at a hight of 160px so they flush the line under my logo.

What can I do?? Can anyone tell?

Thanks again.
V.

arsondpi / 2010-03-04 15:08:50   

try #content .container { padding-top: 160px; }
And try reading more about the css box model and css generally... Things will make sense.

verena / 2010-03-04 16:17:47   

Hi arsondpi, thanks for helping out.
When I add padding-top: 160px; to my #content .container, also my menu gets this padding from the top and slips down. So how can I edit the padding of the container without influencing the menu? I read about the box model and then tried it with adding a margin-top, but that doesn't work.
Would you mind telling me the way it works?

Thanks in advance.
V.

verena / 2010-03-04 21:57:13   

Maybe that was too confusing. I have:

1. #content { margin-top: 0;}

in order to get rid of the scrollbar. But I want the pictures in my exhibits have a margin of 160px from top (so they flush the line under my logo). I did this before with

1. #content { margin-top: 160px;}

but then I get the scrollbar again...

And when I add

1. #content .container { padding-top: 160px; }

my menu gets a padding, too.

Could anyone have a quick look and tell me, how to solve this?
Thanks a lot.
V.

Webpage

richardn / 2010-03-05 01:40:41   

Giving the h2 tag a padding-top of 160px works for most of your galleries... but I'm sure there must be a neater solution...

verena / 2010-03-05 08:54:31   

Hey richardn, you are just soo great! It works!! I'm so glad, since I tried the whole evening to get it to work ... I also don't know, if this is the best way, but so far it doesn't seem to interfere with something else.
Thanks a lot.
V.

brof / 2010-03-07 23:47:35   

For those who don't find the clue::: Arsondpi prepared that really well explained for all us: it's here:::
http://www.indexhibit.org/forum/thread/4029/3/#post_25739

in my case, the last thing to do was updating jQuery.
I hadn't any idea what that meant, and finally found: you have to download the last jQuery (a js file) and upload it in files>js, updating the one that comes first with indexhibit.

thx Arsondpi, and Vaska!

samtcam / 2010-03-13 02:00:54   

Sorry to start this all up again but I've read this entire forum, followed the instructions to a T (installed plugin php, full_background.js, updated jquery, added code to my css and my index.php) and my background images will not resize. Ive even gone as far to delete my database and start over from scratch. I have even compared my code to others who have working sites and I cannot find a discrepancy. Could some one please please please take a look at my site?
www.thelimelightlens.com thelimelightlens
Thank you all in advance!

samtcam / 2010-03-13 02:47:09   

insult to injury... now my back end is acting all wonky. publish, save, preview, etc buttons all dont work yet delete does. do i need to start over from scratch again?

arsondpi / 2010-03-13 10:44:42   

It may have to do with the fact that jquery.js is not where it should be (doesn't exist in that place by that name)

samtcam / 2010-03-13 18:31:34   

it doesn't go in site/js folder?

arsondpi / 2010-03-13 19:59:22   

It wasn't where it should previously - now the jquery version is not right...
Anyhow - I just checked your site now and it seems you're starting from scratch...

samtcam / 2010-03-13 21:01:01   

Yes... I was experiencing some strange issues with the back end. I have started over with jquery 1.3 instead of 1.4 which im assuming will correct my previous issues. Thank you for your feedback, your plugin, and indexhibit on the whole. You guys are doing amazing work.

samtcam / 2010-03-13 21:15:37   

Ok, about ready to give up... Ive read everything and ive started from scratch twice just to get this single plugin to work (I really want it!), but Im still not having any success. jquery 1.3 in the site/js folder renamed as jquery.js, add code to index.php and style.css and set my theme to sample (where i added that code). and placed a bg image on the home page but it is not resizing. What am i missing?
limelightlens

arsondpi / 2010-03-13 21:41:10   

well jquery is not there again...
Updating means that you replace the file jquery.js
It also means that you rename the latest version to jquery.js and overwrite the old one.

I strongly suggest you validate your page and to download firebug (a firefox plugin) - it will tell you more about the error of your page...

samtcam / 2010-03-14 23:06:41   

AHHHHHH!!! YES! So the updated jquery was there but I had to change the jquery.js permissions. For some reason was was not executable. Once the permissions were changed, the whole thing works like a dream. Three days of work finally paid off. Thank you so much for your help.

d0mino / 2010-03-16 01:55:12   

Hi guys, thanks for everyone for the excellent support on this project. I have managed to get the plugin working. Arsondpi your instructions were excellent! I am wondering though how to get the image to stay through out the whole site, without having to add the background image to every exhibit (i have a lot!) click here for my site. and thanks in advance if anyone can help me solve this.

d0mino / 2010-03-17 01:28:26   

solved it! you can just set a background image instead of background colour in your CSS file.

This thread has been closed, thank you.