Divide Exhibit into sections?

pisosse / 2009-09-18 07:43:05   

Is it possible to divide the content in a exhibit into sections?

So when i've added a image and some text, I could add a second image with even more text underneath?

I guess the solution is to write the whole thing out in HTML but would style.css then aply? Meaning could I set css rules for the exhibit textarea only.

this is exciting!

lemathieu A / 2009-09-18 07:51:43   

yep : use h tags for that (having a title, subtitle, etc…).

and don't be to excited, it's friday morning and I got an headache…
;)

pisosse / 2009-09-18 10:52:20   

But you lose the gallery effects from the imageuploader.. I'm wondering if you couldn't mingle with the exhibit php files to let you ad more images after text and images and continue to do so?

lemathieu A / 2009-09-18 14:26:15   

You could.

You can.

Write an new plugin.

How ?

pisosse / 2009-09-19 07:53:51   

That would be awsome... but probably take me half a year ;-)

I'll have a look at it

pisosse / 2009-09-21 09:03:28   

I'm seriously doubting that you can. When I look in a exhibit plugin theres a loop getting images from the DB, but there's only one instance for getting text.

1. // ** DON'T FORGET THE TEXT ** //
  2. ¬†¬†¬†¬†$s = $rs['content'];
  3. ¬†¬†¬†¬†$s .= "n<div class='cl'><!-- --></div>n";

My point being, you can't break the text up into loopable chunks? The text you write in the exhibit creation is "content" and not divideable by a inserted image with the imageuploader. Like how wordpress or drupal or other CMS's are working?

Vaska A / 2009-09-21 09:44:13   

What is your point?

That you are unwilling to try to do this?
That Indexhibit is unable to do this?
That you should use another cms to do this?

If you know how to program it can be done - does this answer your question?

(It had already been answered by Mathieu)

pisosse / 2009-09-21 10:07:51   

None of the above... and don't be so defencive baby!

I'm simply contemplating my suspicion that it would take more than a plugin to divide the text content into chunks. Then trying to clearyfie my intent by example.

And to answer the rethorical question that you allready well know the outcome of:

No... I don't have sufficiently knowledge to program this, but I'm actually having a ball toying with your work since I'm actually learning something looking behind the scenes of indexhibit. Which I don't in same degree with Drupal or Wordpress.

well... that didn't add to anything but a forgettable monday... so goodday to you sir ;-)

Vaska A / 2009-09-21 10:14:10   

The point of this forum, as it is stated in the forum rules, is to TRY. Asking if something is possible...is merely asking if it is possible. Is it possible that I will win a million bucks? Yes...ok.

The Over and Over format does this to a degree. Or, you can also simply use the Files Manager to insert text...image...text...image...but it's a bit more work. Or, if you know how, you could write a plugin (if you understand the pattern). And that is exactly how other systems do this as well - it's not fully automated because logically that doesn't even make sense.

pisosse / 2009-09-21 13:58:04   

I hear ya...

but then again... I tried looking at a potential plugin solution , but with my limited abillities I concluded that it will take more than a plugin to divide text into parts(or break it with a image, with the iimageuploader), since i saw the contenttext to be one instance.

so my post was only a question of a possible confirmation of my assumption before I went in another direction.

But wouldn't you agree that it's a little more complicated than a "ordinary" plugin?

still I do appreciate your work and effort and which I could send som everlasting luve your way;-)... yea yea I'll donate if I can get a sensible setup running

Vaska A / 2009-09-21 14:39:50   

I guess it's too hard for you then. I don't like assuming I know everything about people who post here.

I've offered you two other ways to do something like this...

pisosse / 2009-09-21 18:48:39   

you really don't n00bs huh?

pisosse / 2009-09-21 18:49:11   

"like" is the missing word

Vaska A / 2009-09-21 19:22:53   

Ok, now you are just trolling.

Noobs are great when they are active. Showing up to ask us to write code for them is impossible. It's started clearly in our forum rules the purpose of this forum.

This project has no resources at all to support it so we can only support those who are going to try. We can't do it all...

lemathieu A / 2009-09-21 19:24:35   

Sure, V likes noobs…
He creates this tools for us.

But he got a really good policy : try and learn.
That's how I progress to where I am today.

By the way, you can think what you want.

Vaska A / 2009-09-21 19:53:20   

You know...there are well over 30,000 posts in this forum. And over 70% of them are by me. So...saying that I don't like noobs or that I don't help people (for over two years now) is really ridiculous.

You just don't want to listen...Mathieu answered your question long before I said anything as well.

Closing this thread now because it has nowhere else to go...it's done.

This thread has been closed, thank you.