Site redesign help

photographer / 2012-01-09 17:56:19   

Okay, so here's the deal:

I used Firebug to take a peek at an Indexhibit site I admire. I changed my own HTML and CSS files ( the ones located in ndxz-studio/site/sample) to incorporate some of the features I liked.

But now, I'm running into the problem of not being able to edit my site using the Indexhibit CMS. So basically, I have to code all my files and stuff into my HTML file in order for them to appear (while before I could just upload them to the Indexhibit CMS).

Also, I've lost the horizontal scrolling.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Would re-installing the entire Indexhibit onto my FTP (minus the HTML and CSS I edited) work / let me use the Indexhibit CMS again?

Any help is much appreciated.

www.veaseyconway.com

Vaska A / 2012-01-09 18:29:35   

You shouldn't be coding things by html if you want to use Indexhibit - that could break things. I don't even know how it would work in many instances.

What's worrisome here is trying to figure out what you changed within the system itself? You can replace many of the files with the default files and it should work.

Do a backup first of the ndxz-studio folder. Then, reupload everything EXCEPT /ndxz-studio/config/ folder and files and /ndxz-studio/site/. See how it goes.

Again, BACKUP FIRST.

photographer / 2012-01-09 19:02:18   

Okay,

So I downloaded Indexhibit, and reuploaded the contents of the ndxz-studio folder (except the things you told me not to replace). I'm still running into the same problem.

I was able to get back the horizontal scrolling. I'm still able to upload files to my Indexhibit CMS file manager. It's just that the Exhibit sections have no bearing on what is actually displayed on my site.

I suppose from now on I can just only use the Indexhibit CMS file manager, and do the rest of my CMS work in the HTML file?

photographer / 2012-01-09 19:02:38   

And by the way, thanks so much for all your help.

Vaska A / 2012-01-09 19:26:54   

It's just that the Exhibit sections have no bearing on what is actually displayed on my site.

I don't quite understand what this means. It does appear that you have either messed up the root index.php file or the template or you are manually entering the 'index' via Exhibits > Settings or you aren't utilizing the htaccess file properly.

I suppose from now on I can just only use the Indexhibit CMS file manager, and do the rest of my CMS work in the HTML file?

I don't see the point of it then...just go straight html.

This thread has been closed, thank you.